• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

You Just Got Bit by a Brown Recluse Spider. Here’s How to Effectively Treat it When the Grid Goes Do

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
You Just Got Bit by a Brown Recluse Spider. Here’s How to Effectively Treat it When the Grid Goes Down

Many survivalists and people alike fear spiders for a reason. It likely has to do with their long legs, eyes, and not to mention the details webs they construct with ease to catch their prey.

If you were to ask a prepper why he doesn’t like spiders, most survivalists would let you know it’s because they don’t want to get bit! Even though most spiders won’t harm you — the bite from a spider itches like a mosquito bite — there are still the occasional spiders that can cause you a lot of injuries.

Keep in mind for every spider that won’t cause you harm; there are still quite a few that will cause a lot of discomfort. You may have heard of the brown recluse spider, which is one such spider that can make even the courageous of survivalists squirm when they hear this spider’s name.

Why? If a survivalist got bit by a recluse spider, they would need medical attention. However, if you’re a prepper who bugs out a lot, and you’re living off the grid that may not be possible. What are you supposed to do at that point if there’s no emergency care available?

After the break, learn about the steps you should take if you’re living off the grid and get bit by a recluse spider. If there isn’t emergency help, nearby it’s up to you to know the proper course of treatment.

t’s true; brown recluse bites are known for being very painful, causing illness, and in some cases literally melting away your skin. Although dying is very rare, those who get bit by a recluse spider probably wish they were dead.

While rushing to the ER is someone’s first choice, when SHTF it likely won’t be an option. Here’s how to handle a brown recluse bite on your own.

Seeking Emergency Medical Care
A brown recluse spider bite could easily be considered an emergency condition, so a hospital visit may be essential to ensure that the victim is stabilized. Be forewarned that there is very little that orthodox medicine can do to stop the regional damage that is caused by a bite. Doctors typically give antibiotics and anti-histamines in the hope that regionalized damage can be somewhat minimized. These are truly desperate measures that yield very little success. Therefore, we recommend that you follow our alternative treatmentrecommendations.

Self Treatment – Stage 1
If you have been bitten by this spider (or any other spider), the first thing that you should do is apply activated charcoal directly to the wound. This is something that should always be kept in the medicine cabinet for poison emergencies. You can find it inside capsules sold at health food stores, or you can buy it in the aquarium department of a grocery store. Apply a thick paste to the bite area that is made from the fine charcoal powder and water. Tape the charcoal and water mixture to the bite, and leave for four hours. Using it again, or for longer periods is unlikely to help.

After applying charcoal directly to the wound, there are two additionalsteps you must take to treat a brown recluse bite successfully. To find out what those steps are and how they will help heal the bite, visit the next page.

Even if you have the option to go to the hospital, it turns out conventional medicine doesn’t really have the effective treatments needed for a brown recluse spider bite except for confining the bite to one area.

Activated charcoal is a well-known toxin absorber. The fact that this treatment was developed and is effective for spider and snake bites makes sense since charcoal helps absorb the poison. Read on to discover what supplement you should take and how else you can treat a brown recluse spider bite.

Take massive amounts of echinacea supplements until the bite wound completely disappears. Echinacea was used by the American Indians to heal snake bites, which is believed to be where the term “snake oil” originated. Some reports indicate that echinacea is very effective for treating venomous spider bites.

Self Treatment – Stage 2
After the first few hours, charcoal will no longer be useful. Purchase bentonite clay powder from a health food store, and mix it with enough water to form a paste. Apply this paste onto the wound, and cover it with medical tape.

Brown recluse spider bites usually take 6-8 weeks to heal, but this treatment method should speed the process dramatically, and reduce suffering in the meantime. Hopefully it will help victims eliminate, or at least reduce the crater scars that these spiders have become infamous for causing.

Be Prepared
You may not be able to get bentonite clay from local retailers, so every family that has a possibility of being bitten by brown recluse spiders should purchase it as soon as possible, and keep it ready in storage.

You may appreciate that the treatment uses echinacea because Native American treatments are often remarkably effective at helping wounds like this heal. If nothing else, try keeping the area that got bit by the spider clean. Also, treat other symptoms such as headaches and nausea as they come.

If you ever are put in a situation where you get bit by a brown recluse spider, you now know what to do and how to treat it when there are no hospitals available. Besides, it sounds like this treatment may be more effective than what some hospitals can do anyway.

To read more about natural ways to heal spider bites and more, visit The Health Wyze Report.

Featured Image via Mike Keeling / Flickr // NC State University/Matt Bertone

http://www.diehardsurvivor.com/your...ou-heres-how-you-should-effectively-treat-it/

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I would use Lugol's Iodine. A tiny drop on a bug bite helps a lot, both preventing and healing a sore. Supposedly, if it is applied to a tick bite, it can prevent Lyme Disease. I believe it deactivates the toxic proteins in the bug bite.
Here is an interesting link about iodine from Blazer88:
http://www.jcrows.com/MaryJoFahey_IodineRemediesSecretsFromTheSea.pdf

mayhem

Другая перспектива
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Activated charcoal has many quality uses. Use it in case of someone swallowing poison while you are on the way to the hospital. Or just mix a teaspoon in water and use it a couple of times a week to clean out the bad stuff from your innards.

Every prepper should have a pound of it and Bentonite Clay on hand. The old GIM had some great topics on these subjects. I have the complete "Survival Prep" forum from the old GIM in a zip file downloaded the night before closing. The file is to large to post here, and I refuse to use a cloud file storage like dropbox. I'll gladly send it to anyone via email, but that's your choice. I also have the "Firearms" and "Alternate Health" forums. DM me if interested.

birddog

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I was just placing an order with my supplement co - thanks added activated charcoal and bentonite clay to the order.....

brosil

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Interesting. I had a bite a couple of years ago by an unknown spider. The itching got to me and it kept getting bigger. I was working and had no antibiotic to put on it so I heated up a couple of drops of honey on a bandage and put that on. The itching stopped in about 30 minutes. I took it off before I showered that night and it was much smaller. I put some Neosporin on and went to bed. It itched like crazy in the morning and was twice as red. It took about a week of honeyed bandages but it worked. You might want to try that as well.

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
The plantain herb is also helpful in treating these types of spider bites, in case you cannot get to anything else.

birddog

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Manuka honey is really good for wounds....

brosil

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Manuka honey is really good for wounds....
A friend sent me some 40%Manuka and I tried it on a long scratch with some of my honey on the other end. Both honey treated sections healed faster and better than an untreated section but were healed at the same rate. I'd say all honey is equally good.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Ok there guys.....time for some home down x-plan-Ations.

Sugar in any form on a wound will enhance the capillary action of the body which aids in healing. And, that moldy green stuff on bread is penicillin so, so using it in conjunction with sugar helps heal.

Now about those spiders and panties? Yeah....I just don't know but it sure is funny.

Alex Lemas

Seeker
Seeker
No matter where you go on the earth your never more than four feet from a spider. Except the Artic.

the_shootist

The war is here on our doorstep!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Activated charcoal has many quality uses. Use it in case of someone swallowing poison while you are on the way to the hospital. Or just mix a teaspoon in water and use it a couple of times a week to clean out the bad stuff from your innards.

Every prepper should have a pound of it and Bentonite Clay on hand. The old GIM had some great topics on these subjects. I have the complete "Survival Prep" forum from the old GIM in a zip file downloaded the night before closing. The file is to large to post here, and I refuse to use a cloud file storage like dropbox. I'll gladly send it to anyone via email, but that's your choice. I also have the "Firearms" and "Alternate Health" forums. DM me if interested.
Hey Mayhem, does that offer still stand?

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Nitroglycerin patches (like used for heart issues) flush snake and spider venom's into the bloodstream and then get flushed out. There's a Dr. in S. Texas that treats people with even late stage bites successfully - it's not approved by the FDA.

the_shootist

The war is here on our doorstep!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Nitroglycerin patches (like used for heart issues) flush snake and spider venom's into the bloodstream and then get flushed out. There's a Dr. in S. Texas that treats people with even late stage bites successfully - it's not approved by the FDA.
That's because nitro is already cheap and big pharma hasn't found a way to make millions marketing it, that's why it's not approved by the FDA

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Just a thought, if you are a prepper buy a bunch of bug bombs. The Brown Recluse is pretty common around here. As is typical with many spiders they love the dark and the damp. If I have to crawl around in the crawl space of a house I insist on throwing a couple down there a couple days ahead of time. Then ventilate the area best I can for a day. Long story short a knew an insulator who did die from a brown recluse bite. Changed my persective on spiders.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
In another thread my son's college roommate began using 15 ppm Electrically Isolated Silver on a two day old spider bite that was showing signs of infection. Sprayed then placed a soaked gauze and taped on that night going to bed.
Next morning roommate asked for the EIS bottle again before football practice saying it already was feeling better.
Wound cleared up within 4 days of treating topically As Often As he wanted.

It might have healed faster if he would have taken the EIS sublingually along with the topical treatment.
Now I got 50 ppm EIS. Waiting for the next "boo-boo" to treat.

RealJack

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
About 25 years ago I got bit by a tiny sort of crab spider between the knuckles on my hand. It rotted a hole in my skin and today
I still have the indentation. Funny thing is it never hurt, nor did it become infected. It just rotted a hole about the size of an average screw head.
Apparently quite a few tiny spiders carry similar necrotic venom as the Brown Recluse, only in smaller doses.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Just found out my oldest got bit between the index and bird fingers by a bug yesterday, it is swelling today. So far I've had him soak for 15 mins. in 50ppm EIS.
AND
After a shower I've got Bentonite Clay and I put 15 ppm EIS in years ago. I'll paste the mix on the area bite area and bandage it to keep the clay from flaking away as it dries.

After our day's travel we'll do it again this evening.
Day One of Treatment. ( To Be Continued)

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Just finished round two and will be the last for tonight. No Pain just swelling.

(To Be Continued)

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Sorry about the late post. This morning swelling has lessen a little, mobility is better, and the open wound is gone.
Did another soak after breakfast. Mrs. wanted to use an ice bag on it so that went on for 15-20 mins. Bentonite Clay painted on too.
Went an put a shot glass full of 50ppm EIS into a 32 oz. Powerade to drink on for the day. ( attack from the outside and inside - bloodstream- is my strategy ).

(To Be Continued)

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Charcoal and bentanite clay are also excellent for oral health.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Soaked in the EIS last night and painted more Bentonite Clay where the wound have been.

This morning still signs of swelling but not near as much as two days ago. Mobility is back to almost normal.
Can not see the original wound spot now.

TRYNEIN

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'm not sure this is related to a spider bite, but it may help and it is definitely useful info for those bee stings.

I was allergic to bees when I was younger, but was taught to use baking soda on bites or stings.

Anyways, a few months ago I was bit or stung on my arm by something when I picked up a board and it started to swell immediately so I put baking soda on a paper towel and wet it and then put it directly on the wound and I took a half rounded teaspoon in a glass of water (3-4oz) and drank it. about 4 hours later there was ZERO swelling and barely a red mark where I was bitten at.

Last night I got stung by these small aggressive yellow jackets and I repeated the same process and today there is almost zero evidence of being stung last night.

As I understand it, most poisons are acidic and baking soda neutralizes acidity...

It also works better for your acid indigestion than those synthetic compounds that Big Pharma tries to push on you.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
I'm not sure this is related to a spider bite, but it may help and it is definitely useful info for those bee stings.

I was allergic to bees when I was younger, but was taught to use baking soda on bites or stings.

Anyways, a few months ago I was bit or stung on my arm by something when I picked up a board and it started to swell immediately so I put baking soda on a paper towel and wet it and then put it directly on the wound and I took a half rounded teaspoon in a glass of water (3-4oz) and drank it. about 4 hours later there was ZERO swelling and barely a red mark where I was bitten at.

Last night I got stung by these small aggressive yellow jackets and I repeated the same process and today there is almost zero evidence of being stung last night.

As I understand it, most poisons are acidic and baking soda neutralizes acidity...

It also works better for your acid indigestion than those synthetic compounds that Big Pharma tries to push on you.
You got stung by yellow jackets at night?

Thanks for sharing the tip on the baking soda. It definitely seems to remedy many ailments!

TRYNEIN

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
You got stung by yellow jackets at night?

Thanks for sharing the tip on the baking soda. It definitely seems to remedy many ailments!
YES, the little bastard was in my house... with the lights on

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Final Entry - Swelling is down more, close to normal. No More Treatment(s) Kid doesn't want them.