• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Your Favorite Crypto Exchange?

Which Crypto Exchange do you use? These are the top ten by volume.

• Binance

• Huobi Global

• Coinbase Pro

• Kraken

• Bithumb

• Bitfinex

• ZB.COM

• bitFlyer

• Upbit

• Bittrex

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
If I have not got yours in the list comment below... and if I have comment below! Experiences, trust level etc... all welcome.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Wow... I guess GIM isn't the place to ask this stuff eh? LOL.

Last edited:

delimare

Binance seems to be a very popular choice among many. Coinbase Pro as well, if you can stomach the fees. I've heard good things about Kraken. Those would be my top 3, in that order.

While not actual exchanges, Cash App seems to be gaining steam.. Swan is great for those who want to DCA bitcoin automatically without ever lifting a finger after initial setup. They're also going to introduce daily buys soon.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Didn't armstrong just mention on Greg hunter the other day that you cant even buy BTC in Europe? He couldn't even mention them in his newsletter.. If I heard him correctly he said crypto will be finished soon.

I've asked all the BTC experts what a BTC is really worth. Never get a reply of course. It's like trading a stock symbol with no company behind it. Just a symbol. No earnings or sales, just a symbol that someone says is worth something and the more that people get caught up in it the more they say it's worth even more until one day someone decides to sell. Then we watch it go to 5k. Then 2k, then 1k, then 200, then 50, then 0. And everyone will wonder, how could this happen? Just ask the tulip buyers in the 1600's.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
None of the above as I have yet to find the courage to put my money into cryptos!
I'm still coming to terms with the idea but it has become clear that I very much need to as I am at risk of becoming a financial dinosaur in the next decade or so!

BeefJerky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'm still coming to terms with the idea but it has become clear that I very much need to as I am at risk of becoming a financial dinosaur in the next decade or so!
I'm happy being a dinosaur if not being one requires the purchase of something nonexistent backed by nothing. At least most fiats have a military backing and counterfeit enforcement. I'm not to keen on playing who's the Bigger Idiot Game.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Shine the light - I can feel my ass starting to fossilize even as I sit here typing.
I'm terrified of becoming an irrelevant old dude by the time my kids hit their 20's! My 11 year old deals with token currencies inside the games he plays, some of those tokens (they tell me) have become currency outside the game! It blows my mind that by the time they are 20 odd they will be TOTALLY comfortable with digital currencies! It's happening regardless of what anyone here thinks, the only question is what wins?

I used to think that China would end this gold bull market with a set of moves that would consolidate it as a reserve currency at some distant point in the future. I can see now how that will probably never happen... BUT... I can see how it might be the crypto space that eventually puts this gold bull to bed. When we hit the point that the economy can support real returns again and we are using more digital currencies I can see that there may well be a digital reserve asset that it makes more sense to own than gold. There are already systems for returning interest on crypto and when it is perceived as secure with no debasement etc it destroy's the reason's to own gold. BTC is already being described in the financial world as the only pristine asset, more so than gold!

The idea excites and terrifies me all at once... but I am convinced it is coming. Crypto will end this gold bull market at some point... might be a decade or more in it but it is coming!

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I'm happy being a dinosaur if not being one requires the purchase of something nonexistent backed by nothing. At least most fiats have a military backing and counterfeit enforcement.
They are not all backed by nothing, try and get your head around Etherum. It offers potential functionality that will change everything from the way we own things, trade things to the way we finance things etc. This will destroy banking as we know it for a start.... and blow me down, just look at those banks stocks slump.... hmmmmm.

I'd urge you to try and understand it... it is coming at us harder and faster than it was just a few short months ago.

BTW... gold will do just fine, but it is no reason to ignore this.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I've asked all the BTC experts what a BTC is really worth. Never get a reply of course. It's like trading a stock symbol with no company behind it. Just a symbol. No earnings or sales, just a symbol that someone says is worth something and the more that people get caught up in it the more they say it's worth even more until one day someone decides to sell. Then we watch it go to 5k. Then 2k, then 1k, then 200, then 50, then 0. And everyone will wonder, how could this happen? Just ask the tulip buyers in the 1600's.
Yeah, I get that argument... but by the same token gold is just a rock than no one really needs.

... and there are others and they are so much more than BTC in some respects.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I'm still very concerned about what the hell government will do in this space. I think that once we see their moves the space will see explosive growth, people (like me) need to understand where the 800 pound gorilla is in the room.

Digital currency? Hmm! At least I can put some FRN's in my pocket sometimes.

It is coming and I guess we will have to embrace it, or not. But our world will narrow down significantly if we reject Digital. And that will only last as long as we have talents and / or hard assets.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
But our world will narrow down significantly if we reject Digital.
... as a guy who is rapidly approaching legal "old bastard" status that worries me!

LOL! I am at that creaky, near toothless, more hair in the ears than the head stage!

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
LOL! I am at that creaky, near toothless, more hair in the ears than the head stage!
Yeah well, summin to look forward to for me!

:dduck:

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
A thread to follow...

I can't post the RealVision interview but here is the preamble...

THE DELIBERATE CORPORATE STRATEGY TO ADOPT THE BITCOIN STANDARD
The Interview - Crypto · Featuring Michael Saylor
Published on: September 18th, 2020 • Duration: 121 minutes

Michael Saylor, chairman & CEO of MicroStrategy Inc., joins Real Vision CEO, Raoul Pal, to discuss MicroStrategy’s major Bitcoin acquisitions. Saylor describes his background, what led up to the creation of MicroStrategy, and its recent push to bring Bitcoin into the corporate world. He explains his first encounter with cryptocurrencies and how his views on it have evolved over the years. Saylor touches on the power and value of Bitcoin and its unique utility of being able to convey “100 million dollars across 100 years.” Finally, Saylor shares how they store the Bitcoin owned by MicroStrategy and the timeline of the investment. Filmed on September 16, 2020.

He converted 400m + of his publicly traded companies treasury assets to BTC...

Something to think about! Blew my mind... BTC has really arrived.

delimare

Crypto isn’t for everyone. It’s an extremely risky endeavor. As many have pointed out on this forum it absolutely could come crashing down. With that being said there’s also the possibility of extreme gains.

It took me years to learn and understand bitcoin and other cryptos, to trust bitcoin. There’s a lot of talk about what backs bitcoin. Trust is the only thing that comes to mind. Trust in a truly decentralized store of wealth that an individual has complete control over, in a currency that is designed to be deflationary, in a borderless currency that gives the user the freedom to exchange goods and services as if they were using cash or precious metals. No 3rd party needed (though many trusted 3rd party apps are used for convenience.)

I’m a gamer and a nerd. I’ve run macro programs to farm digital currencies in digital worlds, turning around and selling these virtual currencies (backed by nothing) for real world money. This is where my trust in crypto stems from. People give something worth, whether it’s digital or not, if that something has value to them. The young generations live in a digital world. They game. They trade digital currencies. Non-game apps use tokens and forms of digital currency. This is what they know and trust and as the dinosaurs die off it’ll be the youth who adopt new ways to use currency.

Crypto has a long way to go. Never invest more than you can lose. If you don’t trust it, don’t buy in. It also cannot be ignored that a new generation is growing up in a world where crypto will fit into their lives and beliefs. If they trust it (and they have a lot of reasons to as opposed to banks) crypto will thrive. If not, I’m willing to say I was wrong. Hopefully I’ll be dead by then.

Last edited:

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
I work in IT and I know a little more about blockchain than I care to admit. I created a few proof of concept applications using ethereum. Could not justify the costs or the risks. Don’t get me wrong, blockchain is great for insuring records are not altered or forged post creation but for money...I’ll take folding germ filled rags for $100 Alex!

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I’ll take folding germ filled rags for $100 Alex!
... yeah, but the kids won't! They are growing into this stuff as normal NOW. It's kinda challenging for me... but they are not going to question it at all. Ten years and the guard has significantly changed. Twenty and it's a totally new crew... thin end of the wedge now, so we should be able to take advantage @ low risk. You don't have to put the farm on this one to do OK IMO.

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
... yeah, but the kids won't! They are growing into this stuff as normal NOW. It's kinda challenging for me... but they are not going to question it at all. Ten years and the guard has significantly changed. Twenty and it's a totally new crew... thin end of the wedge now, so we should be able to take advantage @ low risk. You don't have to put the farm on this one to do OK IMO.
The US government and other governments have been going on a tirade against the cyber currencies for various reasons, money laundering, political graft, illicit profits, terror financing, etc. The whole realm has a big target on its back. Not to mention the central bankers not liking the competition. If you don't want to smell like shit don't play near the cesspool. Too many other safer and lower hanging fruit venues to excel in. Leave the experimental stuff to the kids. Be Carroll Shelby. When he got too old to race effectively he started building cars for the kids to race. He did it well. I'm still trying to find a good angle to be a Carroll Shelby in the cyber world.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
The US government and other governments have been going on a tirade against the cyber currencies for various reasons, money laundering, political graft, illicit profits, terror financing, etc. The whole realm has a big target on its back. Not to mention the central bankers not liking the competition.
Yes, that was my thought train exactly... but I'm now coming to understand that there is so much invested in this space that they can't just shut it down, they are going to have to come to equitable terms with it.

If you don't want to smell like shit don't play near the cesspool. Too many other safer and lower hanging fruit venues to excel in. Leave the experimental stuff to the kids. Be Carroll Shelby. When he got too old to race effectively he started building cars for the kids to race. He did it well. I'm still trying to find a good angle to be a Carroll Shelby in the cyber world.
When CEO's of public companies are getting the blessing of the CFO and board to stick sums in excess of 400m into BTC we have moved beyond experimental. Sure there is a lot of wild west stuff elsewhere but this last year the ground has shifted and fast, this is very much looking like the future of the financial system with many big players moving into the space.

Last edited:

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
...When CEO's of public companies are getting the blessing of the CFO and board to stick sums in excess of 400m into BTC we have moved beyond experimental. Sure there is a lot of wild west stuff elsewhere but this last year the ground has shifted and fast, this is very much looking like the future of the financial system with many big players moving into the space.
I agree with your point but a voice in the back of my head keeps saying that remember big will known enterprises invested in tulip bulbs in 1637 and lost their shirts, pants and almost everything else.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Didn't armstrong just mention on Greg hunter the other day that you cant even buy BTC in Europe? He couldn't even mention them in his newsletter.. If I heard him correctly he said crypto will be finished soon.

At least with a tulip bulb one can boil it and eat it if one is desperate enough. Jus' Sayin

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Maybe I'm thick headed but I do see how something on the internet can not be DELETED as easy as making amistake typing this message. Too many bad guys out there. Stories of Bitcoin disappearing or "Lost".
and the ultimate:
If Sol has a belly aches and Earth is in direct collision course with the particle waves of a powerful EMP. The kind that burned down telegraph wires in the 1800s. Many think the N.E. United States and chunk of Canada was a victim in 2003.
And the "experts" blamed it on wires touching in Cleveland, Ohio ? WTF !
I'll stay with the Church of Ponce, Thank You very much.

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Maybe I'm thick headed but I do see how something on the internet can not be DELETED as easy as making amistake typing this message. Too many bad guys out there. Stories of Bitcoin disappearing or "Lost".
and the ultimate:
If Sol has a belly aches and Earth is in direct collision course with the particle waves of a powerful EMP. The kind that burned down telegraph wires in the 1800s. Many think the N.E. United States and chunk of Canada was a victim in 2003.
And the "experts" blamed it on wires touching in Cleveland, Ohio ? WTF !
I'll stay with the Church of Ponce, Thank You very much.
If we get hit with another 1859 Carrington event, I think we all have more things to worry about than bitcoins going poof!

Remember that was not just one flare, it lasted several days as both sides of the earth were battered by the Sun's tirade.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
If we get hit with another 1859 Carrington event, I think we all have more things to worry about than bitcoins going poof!

Remember that was not just one flare, it lasted several days as both sides of the earth were battered by the Sun's tirade.
Probably enough to fry all electronic works in today's world.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I like that token. ;)

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I agree with your point but a voice in the back of my head keeps saying that remember big will known enterprises invested in tulip bulbs in 1637 and lost their shirts, pants and almost everything else.
Tulips where not functioning as money where they? These things, at least the better ones, have been seen by the market as money and frankly they fit the criteria perfectly for a networked world, better than FIAT and solving the issues surrounding gold in a globally wired world.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

2046 is supposed to deliver an epic fry up... but I have to live until then!

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
At least with a tulip bulb one can boil it and eat it if one is desperate enough. Jus' Sayin
Maybe you could do the same with a USD but it's not an argument is it?

One of my favorite things about crypto is that is destroys the current rent seeking nature of our banking and finance scene. It is a fantastic leveler!

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode

Correct, and China has banned Bitcoin and most others. China is months away from their own digital cashless official adoption. Russia and others developing their own sovereign digital currency. US senate bill ( SB 3571) now in committee for same ....point is, NO government with their own official, operating digital currency system will tolerate competition. "Private" digital currency will eventually be banned in the countries that have their own sovereign digital currency.

"regulatory authorities had imposed a ban on initial coin offerings (ICO), a cryptocurrency-based fundraising process, and termed it illegal in China in September 2017. That ban triggered an instant 6% decline in bitcoin prices. ... (For more, see China Intensifies Crackdown On Bitcoin Mining.)Jun 25, 2019....China does not recognize cryptocurrencies as legal tender and the banking system is not accepting cryptocurrencies or providing relevant services.Jul 24, 2020..."

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
...and keep in mind Bitcoin sellers in the US are going to jail.
https://www.escapeartist.com/blog/selling-bitcoin-crime-united-states/

"
It’s official… selling your own legally acquired Bitcoin is a crime in the United States! If you sell your Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency without going through a regulated exchange, the US government is coming for you. You do not have the right to transfer your cryptocurrency without the US government and the IRS knowing exactly what you’re doing.
You no longer have the right to sell your own property. And, Bitcoin is “property.” The all knowing IRS made that determination last year when it began taxing Bitcoin transactions as capital gains.
But selling your property without going through a regulated exchange, so that the government can control and tax the trades, is now a crime.
As reported on Coindesk, A Michigan man has been charged with running an unlicensed money transmitting business after selling nearly $150,000 in bitcoin online and without going through a regulated exchange...."

According to an indictment, 52-year-old Bradley Anthony Stetkiw allegedly sold Bitcoins he legally owned and legally acquired. He was charged with money laundering and operating an unlicensed exchange.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
My major fear is how government will react, once I get a sense of that I will be more confident.

The thing is... if they do manage to nail crypto my gold is going past the moon.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
...and keep in mind Bitcoin sellers in the US are going to jail.
https://www.escapeartist.com/blog/selling-bitcoin-crime-united-states/

"
It’s official… selling your own legally acquired Bitcoin is a crime in the United States! If you sell your Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency without going through a regulated exchange, the US government is coming for you. You do not have the right to transfer your cryptocurrency without the US government and the IRS knowing exactly what you’re doing.
You no longer have the right to sell your own property. And, Bitcoin is “property.” The all knowing IRS made that determination last year when it began taxing Bitcoin transactions as capital gains.
But selling your property without going through a regulated exchange, so that the government can control and tax the trades, is now a crime.
As reported on Coindesk, A Michigan man has been charged with running an unlicensed money transmitting business after selling nearly $150,000 in bitcoin online and without going through a regulated exchange...."

According to an indictment, 52-year-old Bradley Anthony Stetkiw allegedly sold Bitcoins he legally owned and legally acquired. He was charged with money laundering and operating an unlicensed exchange.
That is going to be hard to control...

I wonder how they plan to police it?

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame