• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Your Feet Hold Clues to Clogged Arteries

BarnacleBob

GIM Founding Member & Mod.
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
1536802848496.png 1536803079718.png

madhu

Silver Member
Silver Miner
That was the research that Dr Hertzer, a vascular surgeon , who found that patients who have coronary artery disease also have atherosclerosis all over the bodies vasculature. He found out that the patients who had leg pain (claudication) also had significant coronary artery obstruction. Many of these patients were subjected to coronary stress test before being subjected to major open vascular procedures such as abdominal aortic aneurysm repair. That was 2 decades ago
In the mean time endo vascular stents have become very popular and safe. Now they just fix what is bothering you.
( Saving health care dollars).

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
That was the research that Dr Hertzer, a vascular surgeon , who found that patients who have coronary artery disease also have atherosclerosis all over the bodies vasculature. He found out that the patients who had leg pain (claudication) also had significant coronary artery obstruction. Many of these patients were subjected to coronary stress test before being subjected to major open vascular procedures such as abdominal aortic aneurysm repair. That was 2 decades ago
In the mean time endo vascular stents have become very popular and safe. Now they just fix what is bothering you.
( Saving health care dollars).
The ORBITA study, the very first of its kind researching the efficiency of stents provided some astonishing results... in many cases & patients, they simply dont work as advertised... causing more problems than they cure, except for the cardiologists & hospitals installing these devices.

Diving Deep Into The ORBITA Trial

"The ORBITA findings are incredible, really, when one considers that stenting a coronary artery with a mean 84% stenosis should impart an immediate clinical and physiologic benefit—yet there was none observed across the board between the PCI and sham PCI groups: CCS angina class, SAQ scores, EQ-5 QOL, all exercise indices, and Duke Treadmill scores were neutral, though the peak stress wall motion score index did improve in the PCI group as one would expect—meaning that the PCI was technically successful.

http://www.cardiobrief.org/2017/11/02/diving-deep-into-the-orbita-trial/

Thousands of heart patients get stents that may do more harm than good

Stents are commonly used for stable chest pain — but the devices may not be helping.

https://www.vox.com/science-and-hea...ent-chest-pain-treatment-angina-not-effective

Objective Randomised Blinded Investigation With Optimal Medical Therapy of Angioplasty in Stable Angina - ORBITA

https://www.acc.org/latest-in-cardiology/clinical-trials/2017/11/02/08/26/orbita

madhu

Silver Member
Silver Miner
That trial period ended after 6 weeks. My conjecture is that the heart develops collateral blood vessels and if the arteries of the heart are not completely obstructed then everyone including the placebo group have no symptoms. Now after 3 months if you are in the placebo group and there is total obstruction on the top of obstruction then you have the consequences of Heart attack. I would rather have the stent then sit on a time bomb.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
So? this works on girls? COOL i'm playing doctor tonight. Hell the least that will happen is I'll get slapped or charged with hahaha don't know laughing too much...has something to do without a licentious permit....shit I am so going to jail or getting lucky.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
So? this works on girls? COOL i'm playing doctor tonight. Hell the least that will happen is I'll get slapped or charged with hahaha don't know laughing too much...has something to do without a licentious permit....shit I am so going to jail or getting lucky.
Good luck. Wear a mouth guard 'case ya get kicked in the chin.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
A guy I play golf with regularly has PAD, he has several stents below the belt due to restenosis.... Another guy I know had surgery on his neck arteries because of blockages (atherosclerosis).

@ Madhu... I think your prolly correct, based on the Thoracic Surgeons CABG report, I must have developed some collateral veins as my main arteries, etc. were almost fully blocked. A Stent is better than nothing, at least it allows some temporary flow as the collaterals develope....