• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

YOU'RE HIRED! YOU WILL FLIP WHEN YOU SEE THE JOB TRUMP JUST GAVE MR BREXIT

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Trump really does have a sense of humor!

Fanakapan

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Hmmmmmm, given that the cousins across the water have seen only sound bites of Farage, and maybe have a less than clear picture of the EU beyond the big ticket problems such as Greece, Then I suppose the attention Farage gets is understandable.

On his supposed Ambassadorship, wouldn't one have to be a US Citizen ? And I wonder what the US Diplomatic service would have to say about an appointment that would be like making Hitler ambassador to Israel ?

You'd need to remember that the EU is a pretty big player in the world, and a staunch friend and ally to the USA. So would it make sense that the USA would appoint a clown with no diplomatic experience to act as representative ?

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Farage has dealt with the same EU oligarchs for a number of years. I would study this man's accomplishments before making a judgement call.
Now, I am not sure about the citizenship thing. I suppose a sitting president could expedite a citizenship.
When I was in the military, I worked with soldiers and contractors that were not citizens. They all take an oath to protect and defend. Most applied for citizenship following their military stint.

Fanakapan

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Having seen the UKIP crowd up close and personal, I aint impressed. It whats going to happen when you get a political party that goes from the fringe to pretensions of mainstream in the course of a couple of years.

As for the citizenship malarkey, be kinda strange for a guy who was John Bull personified to take on US nationality dont you think ? But then he did run out when he supposedly achieved what he wanted, leaving others to sort out the mess. It'll be the same with Boris Johnson who has US nationality by being born in the USA, when things turn pear shaped, he'll be able to pitch up in America and earn his bread playing an English Eccentric.

As for Farage's accomplishments, he aint got none, apart that is for being in the right place at the right time to be able to ride the wave of public backlash against nearly a decade of ZIRP and the resultant diminishing of most peoples feeling of well being.

There is no comparison between Mr Trump and Farage, the one has built up a massive business by using his wits, and ducking and diving along the way. Whilst the other has increased his wealth by taking pay and allowances to the tune of a couple of million, from the very body he claims to despise. And bear in mind also that Mr Trump has poured quite a bit of his own money into becoming President Elect, and he has also confirmed that he will forgo the salary the position of President offers.

None of that is to say that the EU is perfect, it aint. But if you make the comparison between the USA and the EU, then a President Trump has a realistic chance of getting the USA back to what it was in the 50's or 60's. To get the UK back to such a position would likely require divine intervention. Outside of Germany, the same could be said for pretty much all the countries in Europe, thats why some sort of Confederation makes sense.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
None of that is to say that the EU is perfect, it aint. But if you make the comparison between the USA and the EU, then a President Trump has a realistic chance of getting the USA back to what it was in the 50's or 60's.
That would be quite NICE !! That was the America I grew up in, little drugs & little crime & the police did not wear bullet proof vests !!
After the mid 60's, it was all downhill.

To get the UK back to such a position would likely require divine intervention.
Pretty sad, eh !?

All the more to be glad we have Trump, 'cause sure as hell, we don't want to be like "our motherland". Didn't we send "mother" back "home" in a body bag ???

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
I want to see a video clip of a smiling Mr Farage carrying the bust of Winston Churchill back into the white house and placing it back in it's place of honor.

gringott

"Veteran of the Battle of Knob Creek"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Saw a video of Nigel on some Brit show, they asked him what position he would want if he could be in a Trump administration.

After stating he could not hold a post, he thought Ambassador to the EU would be most appropriate, which got some laughs.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
So would it make sense that the USA would appoint a clown with no diplomatic experience to act as representative ?
johnkerry, killarykillinton, williamburns, condolizzarice, colinpowel,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Fanakapan

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
johnkerry, killarykillinton, williamburns, condolizzarice, colinpowel,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
To be fair, all those were heading up the US Diplomatic Service, not having day to day dealings with foreign Ambo's ? You could argue that Colin Powel was the most qualified of the bunch having held high military rank, which should have given him some insight into the shenanigans ?

Eyebone

Midas Member
Midas Member
Hmmmmmm, given that the cousins across the water have seen only sound bites of Farage, and maybe have a less than clear picture of the EU beyond the big ticket problems such as Greece, Then I suppose the attention Farage gets is understandable.

On his supposed Ambassadorship, wouldn't one have to be a US Citizen ? And I wonder what the US Diplomatic service would have to say about an appointment that would be like making Hitler ambassador to Israel ?

You'd need to remember that the EU is a pretty big player in the world, and a staunch friend and ally to the USA. So would it make sense that the USA would appoint a clown with no diplomatic experience to act as representative ?

Aww man common, he is no clown.

He's a fine honest fellow with a gift for debate, very erudite and loves his country and it's people.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Skeptical